Electrical Design Leader Data Centres
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, NederlandData Centres
We’re experiencing an exciting period of growth and we have opportunities available for a talented and innovative individual to join our fast-growing office at a senior level and looking to take their career on to the next step. Data Centre design experience is essential as is a willingness to travel.
This is an opportunity to be a part of an established and expanding office in The Hague, the Netherlands undertaking first class projects. Deerns is a 95-year-old international MEP consultancy involved in mission critical and high technology projects. We are looking for an Electrical Design Leader to support the growth of the team and office.
- Relevant Bachelor (HBO or Equivalent) or master’s degree study, MBO is also acceptable with relevant experience.
- Typically, 8-15 years' experience as an electrical engineer.
- Previous mission critical design experience in the data centre, clean tech or telecoms sectors working for consulting engineers is highly preferential.
- Previous experience seeing projects through from concept through construction, including commissioning phases.
- Should be working towards or already a Chartered engineer or equivalent Dutch Professional Registration.
- Willingness to support growth/mentor other team members.
- Ability to work to schedule (tight deadlines) and budgets.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of their team.
- Ability to carry out problem solving.
- Experience of being technical lead on projects.
- Experience with power systems design in (HV/MV & LV Systems) is essential.
- The Netherlands design experience necessary with a familiarity of Dutch Design Guidelines and Regulations.
- Very good proactive communicator, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of generators, UPS systems, AC and DC power & switchgear systems is essential.
- Good understanding of Data Centre power systems and building services generally.
- Attend and/or lead client, design team, professional, contractor and site meetings.
- Develop concept and detailed design of electrical services and associated controls.
- Produce Schematics, specifications, calculations, equipment schedules and reports to meet the required industry and legal standards.
- Coordinate your designs with other disciplines.
- Maintain a commercial awareness of projects, track hours versus agreed fee's.
- Agree any variations or changes to the design prior to allocating additional hours.
- Monitor and review the quality of the work produced by graduate electrical engineers or electrical engineers.
- Monitor and review the quality of the contractor's electrical installations, ensuring they meet the client's requirements and local standards / regulations.
- Carry out validation reviews of contractor’s designs and specifications.
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Revit, SKM, ETAP or Easypower is an advantage.
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports.
- The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances (The Netherlands and International)
- Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
- Good communication skills of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written.
- Should have experience of working, coordinating, and managing a team of specialist designers of teams in between 4 and 16 engineers local and abroad.
- Should be able to identify and understand scope of works, design activities and required time for planning, and can indicate and reviewing value of design works.
- Should be able to assist project manager in preparation stage with review of documents, review of cost and identify project risks.
- Should be able to explain and manage level of expectations and quality levels and verifying quality levels after stage/project completion.
- Should have experience in working with BIM360, and should be able to work with REVIT and AutoCad.
- Should have experience in working with Microsoft Teams.
- Should be capable of writing technical specifications and reports.
- Should be capable of producing a system design from scratch and/or should be capable of producing a detailed design based on technical starting points/specifications.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate, versatile, personable and articulate.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment visa sponsorship.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to further your career, then please apply via the Deerns vacancies tab on the website with your resume.