UK Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: London (Currently working from home, partly (mini 60%) Office based post COVID)
Job Status: Permanent
Sector: Data Centres, Industrial, High Tech, Commercial and Healthcare
Salary: Highly competitive and negotiable
We’re experiencing an exciting period of growth and we have opportunities available for a talented and innovative individual to join our fast-growing office at a senior level and looking to take their career on to the next step. Data centre design experience is essential as is a willingness to travel.
This is an opportunity to be a part of an established and expanding office in London undertaking first class projects. Deerns is a 90-year-old international MEP consultancy involved in mission critical and high technology projects. The London office has been operating since mid-2011 and is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to support the growth of the team and office.
- Attend and/or lead Client, Design team, Professional teams, and Contractor’s team meetings
- Develop concept and detailed design of mechanical services and associated controls.
- Produce Schematics, specifications, calculations, equipment schedules and reports to meet required robust industry and legal standards.
- Coordinate your designs with the other disciplines.
- Maintain a commercial awareness of projects, track hours versus agreed fee's
- Agree any variations or changes to the design prior to allocating additional hours.
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Carrying out technical reviews of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- Monitor the quality of the contractor's mechanical installations, ensuring they meet the client's requirements and local standards / regulations.
- Carrying out validation reviews of contractor’s designs and specifications
- Experience with large scale cooling and HVAC systems
- Ability to carry out problem solving on site
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports
- Drive to achieve sustainable and energy efficient engineered solutions
- The role will involve some site attendances (UK and International)
- Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
- Degree Qualified
- Typically, 5-7 years' experience in a similar role.
- Previous mission critical design experience in across the data centre, clean tech or telecoms sectors working for consulting engineers.
- Previous experience seeing projects through from concept through construction, including commissioning phases.
- Should be working towards or already a Chartered engineer with IET or CIBSE or equivalent UK body.
- Willingness to support growth/mentor other team members
- Ability to work to schedule (tight deadlines) and budgets
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of their team.
- Experience of being technical lead on projects
- Familiarity with UK & EU regulations.
- UK design experience necessary with deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, ISO and EN Standards
- Very good proactive communicator
- Ability to use IES would be advantageous
This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate, versatile, personable and articulate.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment visa sponsorship.