UK Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: London (Currently working from home, partly (mini 60%) Office based post COVID)
Job Status: Permanent
Sector: Data Centres, Industrial, High Tech, Commercial and Healthcare
Salary: Highly competitive and negotiable
We’re experiencing an exciting period of growth and we have opportunities available for a talented and innovative individual to join our fast-growing office at a senior level and looking to take their career on to the next step. Data Centre design experience is essential as is a willingness to travel.
This is an opportunity to be a part of an established and expanding office in London undertaking first class projects. Deerns is a 90-year-old international MEP consultancy involved in mission critical and high technology projects. The London office has been operating since mid-2011 and is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support the growth of the team and office.
- Attend and/or lead client, design team, professional, contractor and site meetings.
- Develop concept and detailed design of electrical services and associated controls
- Produce Schematics, specifications, calculations, equipment schedules and reports to meet the required industry and legal standards
- Coordinate your designs with other disciplines.
- Maintain a commercial awareness of projects, track hours versus agreed fee's
- Agree any variations or changes to the design prior to allocating additional hours.
- Monitor and review the quality of the work produced by graduate electrical engineers or electrical engineers.
- Monitor and review the quality of the contractor's electrical installations, ensuring they meet the client's requirements and local standards / regulations.
- Carry out validation reviews of contractor’s designs and specifications
- Carry out QA/QC inspections on site and produce associated reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech. Revit, SKM or Easypower skills an advantage
- Attend witness testing activities on site and produce associates reports
- The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances (UK and International)
- Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
- Degree Qualified
- Typically 5-7 years' experience in a similar role.
- Previous mission critical design experience in across the data centre, clean tech or telecoms sectors working for consulting engineers.
- Previous experience seeing projects through from concept through construction, including commissioning phases.
- Should be working towards or already a Chartered engineer with IET or CIBSE or equivalent UK body.
- Willingness to support growth/mentor other team members
- Ability to work to schedule (tight deadlines) and budgets
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of their team.
- Ability to carry out problem solving
- Experience of being technical lead on projects
- Experience with power systems in Data Centres an advantage
- Familiarity with UK & EU regulations.
- UK design experience necessary with deep knowledge of CIBSE, IEC, BS, ISO and EN Standards
- Very good proactive communicator
This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate, versatile, personable and articulate.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment visa sponsorship.