Office and Marketing Assistant London
Deerns UK are experiencing an exciting period of growth and have an opportunity for a proactive team member to join our fast-growing office. Deerns is a 90-year-old international engineering consultancy involved in mechanical and electrical design for projects in a variety of sectors, primarily mission critical, high technology and real estate. The London office has been operating since mid-2011 as an extension of our international office portfolio.
We are looking for someone who understands the value of a committed support team and who is adaptable and keen to learn. This is a great opportunity for the right person to grow in their role and take on wide responsibility, gaining exposure into different parts of the business. As a growing organisation, we are committed to creating a culture of collaboration and inclusiveness, and the individual who takes this role will enjoy being part of this group.
The basics of role are described below but there is scope for this to develop further. Training and support will be provided where needed.
- General administration: Formatting documents, assisting with Office Management e.g., organising office space, ordering supplies/kitchen, answering the phone and organising team and social events.
- PA support to the Management Team: Arranging meetings / diary / booking travel etc
- Marketing: Help develop, produce and tailor marketing content and materials to specific audiences, assist with website & social media content, market research, manage mailings monitor & evaluate marketing activity, and assist in CSR data information
- HR Administration: assist in maintaining staff records, onboarding and set up
- Financial administration: Dealing with incoming/outgoing invoices, inputting information related to project planning, opportunities and expenses on our ERP system
- Project Support: Document control, administration and time management
- Ad hoc items as required by the management team
What do we offer?
Deerns have been consulting engineers for more than 90 years, with 400+ specialists worldwide. We offer more than just a job. We offer a career in an inspiring, knowledge-intensive working environment among highly skilled professionals. In addition, we offer a high degree of autonomy, responsibility, and the ability to use your knowledge and experience in the creation of innovative solutions for appealing iconic building projects. Furthermore, we offer a competitive salary package, benefits, and flexible working conditions.
If you think this is for you, please send your CV and cover letter.
Please be advised we can not currently offer visa support for this role.
- Proactive, positive and keen to learn
- Friendly, personable and open, with strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organised, good attention to detail and being able to manage competing priorities efficiently.
- Able to manage work independently and take initiative
- A collaborative team player, able to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of people from across the globe
- Flexible and adaptable (with both people and tasks), as the scope of the role is broad
- An interest in the built environment, construction or sustainability is desirable
Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Ability to organise and present information clearly (written and numerical)
- Ability to write clearly, creatively and for different audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent MS office skills especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK, based in our London office
Skills & Experience (Preferred):
- Experience and understanding of basic financial procedures (e.g., ordering supplies, purchase orders)
- Marketing / business development experience
- Online research, developing marketing materials and/or social media content
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign