BIM Manager London
Description de l'offre d'emploi
Deerns are looking to expand upon our BIM capability with a hands-on BIM Lead/ Manager for our office near London Bridge.
The BIM Lead (MEP) will play a vital and important role in the design delivery and design integration of projects delivered by our MEP team.
Using technical experience the BIM Lead/Manager will be responsible for the digital delivery of the MEP systems design for projects. The collective team will produce multi-disciplinary designs and associated deliverables in an integrated and holistic manner using appropriate modelling and associated analytical software; BIM leads play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process. It is essential that the BIM Lead/Manger has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working within a team environment.
- The digital delivery of MEP models and information management of the MEP design from initiation to project close out
- Acting as a technical interface with our IT support services for the MEP toolset
- Supporting the Project Operations Director/Associate Director in the delivery of digital outputs within project teams and the seamless sharing of information with other discipline teams
- Task level management and of the BIM model
- Representing Deerns in liaising with clients, engineers, and other design team members
- Develop and maintain excellent team relationships through successful project execution
- Support with development of a content library suitable for the MEP team and integrated with the ETN library
- Managing the activities, output and development of MEP BIM team, made up of both internal and contract staff
- Supporting development of BIM skills for MEP team
Pré-requis du poste
Key skills & experience
- Relevant experience in the design, specification, and procurement of buildings MEP systems (Essential)
- Resource management of Revit Teams
- Team Player (Essential)
- BRE or similar level accreditation (Desirable)
- A clear understanding of our multi-disciplinary design approach and the delivery of projects to a high quality, from inception to operation (Essential)
- Experience in the successful management of the MEP elements of projects (Essential)
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes (Essential)
- An excellent knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use of 3D multi-disciplinary modelling on projects (Essential)
- An understanding of the analytical tools that support MEP systems design, including the ability to undertake early energy modelling, detailed energy calculations, lighting and daylighting (Advantage)
- Ability to integrate digital design information with specialist analytical software such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and acoustics (Advantage)
- Ability to use modelling and analytical tools to eliminate health and safety risks in the design (Advantage)
- Experience working within the date centre sector (Advantage)
This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate, versatile, personable and articulate.
At this time, we are unable to offer employment visa sponsorship.